Fiancé Visa

The Fiancé Visa  assists U.S. citizens wishing to bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad to the United States to marry.

Eligibility Requirements

If you petition for a Fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

  • You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
  • You intend to marry within 90 days of your Fiancé(e) entering the United States.
  • You and your Fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver: 1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your Fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice. 2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.

Children of Fiancé(e)s

If your Fiancé(e) has a child (under 21 and unmarried), a K-2 non-immigrant visa may be available to him or her.

Permission to Work

After admission, your Fiancé(e) may immediately apply for permission to work.  Any work authorization based on a non-immigrant fiancé (e) visa would be valid for only 90 days after entry. However, your Fiancé (e) would also be eligible to apply for an extended work authorization at the same time as he or she files for permanent residence.

Contact Us For A Free Case Evaluation!