H1-B Visa

H1-B non-immigrant visas are for skilled, educated individuals employed in specialized occupations. The H1-B visa enables foreign workers to temporarily work for a specific employer. Recipients of an H1-B visa can remain in the US for three years, but the stay can be extended to a maximum of six years, although in certain circumstances, such as when a labor certificate is pending or an immigration petition is approved, individuals can apply for longer stays. The only requirement during the length of the stay is that the individual continue to work for the sponsoring employee.

H1-B Visa Eligibility

In order to be eligible for an H1-B visa, an individual must have a Bachelor's Degree in their specific field, or an equivalent twelve years' worth of experience. In fields where state licensure is mandatory, such as in law, the individual must have the necessary license, as well.

Applying for a H-1B Visa

Individuals themselves cannot apply for an H1-B visa - rather, an employer must petition for a visa for a specific employee. However, if an individual meets the requirements, employers can start applying for a visa up to six months before the start date. There is a yearly cap on the number of H1-B visas issued.

Generally, individuals can apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, and the application process involves an interview, an application processing fee, and other requirements specific to the U.S. Embassy that is processing the visa. For more information about the H1B visa contact us.

Contact Us And Set Up Your Free Consultation Today!